Wines, Sakes, Beers, Cocktails
Check out Sally's Pinterest page for pix of Really Tasty beverages
- Avery Brewing Co., Black Eye Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, (aged in Rum barrels) - Not for the faint-of-heart. This 12oz bottle packs a whopping 18.8% alc. Sharing is required. Very dark color. Dark bitter chocolate, root beer/sasparilla, vanilla bean, molasses, caramel, smoke, ginger, peaches and rye bread. This is dessert in a glass. Thick, rich, and very smooth. Wowser!
- Deschutes Brewery, The Abyss, 2014 Reserve - Another big beer! Dark, rich, creamy, chocolate, black licorice, molasses, nutmeg, cinnamon, hot spices. Lots of flavor and texture, small glass goes a long way. 11% alc.
- Thomas George Estates, Chardonnay, Concrete, Russian River Valley, California 2010 - rich, creamy, lush with crisp, lively finish. Great with creamy langoustine risotto.
- Almaviva, Puente Alto, Chile 1999 - Have been a fan of Almaviva for years. The 1999 is another wonderful example of a complex, ageable Cabernet-based red from Chile. Big without being too big, lots of red and black fruits while the tannin has softened to a mere whisper. Thought-provoking, makes you stop and go aahhhh...
- Bernard Baudry, Chinon, Les Granges, Touraine, France 2011 - big red fruits with baking spices and herbs. Lovely with lamb chops.
- Esporao Quinta dos Murcas Assobio, Douro, Portugal 2010 - rustic yet supple, earthy, spicy, dark and red fruits.
- Faury, Saint Joseph, Rhone, France 2010 - big and bold, black fruits, smoke, bacon.
- Orin Swift, Locations "E" Red, Spain - big flavors, dark fruits, spicy oak tones, crowd pleaser, versatile with lots of foods.
- Le Salette, Amarone della Vapolicella Classico, La Marega, Veneto, Italy 2001 - fig, date, dark plum, earthy, spicy, very soft and supple.